Monday, June 15, 2015

For the birds

If you walk into my office at work, you may notice that I have birds everywhere.  I never really noticed this myself until someone recently made a comment about how I must love birds.    Birds on the walls, bird figurines, birds, birds, birds.  This gave me pause and I thought for a minute and said, “Actually, I really kind of hate birds.”  Real birds.  This reminds me of one of my favorite children’s movie lines from Madagascar.    Melmin the giraffe said, “EWWW.  Nature!  It’s all over me! Get it off!”  (Notice I said one of my favorite “lines,” not favorite “movies.”  I don’t particularly like children’s movies and I don’t want any misunderstandings there.)  I had to look that quote up to be sure I had it right.  I cannot believe that movie was released in 2005!!  Anyway, the line really stuck with me and I love it.  Not that I don’t like nature, but there are some aspects of it that repulse me.  Like swimming (aka, submerging my vagina) in rivers or lakes. 

I have decided my love of birds is really only theoretical.  I love the IDEA of birds.  Real birds disgust me.  And they scare me.  And I am unbelievably allergic to them.  I can walk into a house and immediately know if the owner has a bird because I will instantly turn into that grade school kid with the constant runny nose and watery eyes.  The sneezing is non-stop until I get out and stay out for at least two hours.  Their beaks are pointy and gross, their eyes are beady, their feet have sharp little claws and they fly around unpredictably, especially if they are trapped in your garage.  I don’t understand why their poop needs to be white.  I understand the purple because of the berry eating, but I seriously don’t understand the white.

Now that I’m thinking about bird poop, I remember that my oldest daughter used to get pooped on by birds freakishly often.  One time a bird pooped on her through the car window as we were traveling down the highway.  How does that even happen?  Seriously, birds pooped on her all the time.  Weird.  Talk about Nature!  It’s all over me! Get it off! 

Birds can be amazingly colorful, their singing is beautiful (mostly) and they are free to fly wherever they choose.  I can appreciate those things about birds, I just don’t really want to look at them or be anywhere near them.  Have you ever been to one of those walk-through bird exhibits at the zoo?  No thanks. I’ll pass.  I’ll just wait outside for you guys. 

And what about chickens?  Those things are absolutely disgusting.  They do not even have the redeeming qualities of being able to sing beautifully or fly gracefully through the air.  I enjoy chickens so much more when they are dead.  I love to grill up their carcasses and eat them and make omelets with their unborn young, but I don’t want to be anywhere near a live one.  I don’t even like THINKING about chickens.  They need to eat gravel with their food so their stomachs can mash it up.  What the hell?  Why can’t their stomachs just work right?  That really makes me question the efficacy of the evolutionary process.  Why did the chickens with teeth and properly working stomachs die out and the ones that need to eat gravel live on? 

Ponder that while you enjoy the following photograph.

Me and my custodian doing battle with a bird over a nesting spot.

Please note the title of my blog and my cover photo!  I just made the connection.  It was several years ago when I titled it and my sister made the cover design.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Hello, Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options, Are you interested in earning a consistent income through binary/forex trade? or crypto currency trading. An investment of $200 can get you a return of $2,480 in 7 days of trading, We invest in all profitable projects with cryptocurrencies. We have excellent trading instruments and also support them with the best tools. Make as much as $1,000 or more every week with a starting capital of $200 to $350 You earn 100% of your initial profit every 7-14 business days and you get to do this from the comfort of your home/work. The truth is you must make profits trading in Cryptocurrency and investing in good signals with the best guidance from Crypto Coins Trading. Start investing with Crypto Coins Trading and start earning profitable interest quick without no doubt Payout weekly 100% guaranteed profit without any Hassles, It goes on and on The higher the investment, the higher the profits. Your investment is safe and secured and payouts assured 100%. if you wish to know more about investing in Cryptocurrency and earn daily, weekly OR Monthly in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing Contact MRS.DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    categories of investment

    Cryptocurrency

    Loan Offer

    Mining Plan

    Business Finance Plan

    Binary option Trade Plan

    Forex trade Plan

    Stocks market Trade Plan

    Return on investment (ROI) Plan

    Gold and Silver Trade Plan

    Oil and Gas Trade Plan

    Diamond Trade Plan

    Agriculture Trade Plan

    Real Estate Trade Plan

    YOURS IN SERVICE
    Mrs. Dorothy Pilkenton Jean
    Financial Advisor on Bank Instruments,
    Private Banking and Client Services
    Email Address: profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com
    Operation: We provide Financial Service Such As Bank Instrument
    From AA Rate Banks, Cash Loan,BG,SBLC,BOND,PPP,MTN,TRADING,FUNDING MONETIZING etc.

    ReplyDelete